Get mouth ulcer frequently. Suggested probable cause to be iron or Vitamin B12 deficiency. Diagnosed Stomatitis. Suggestions?

I frequently get mouth ulcer around or before my time of periods for which I had posted a question earlier and in response in which I received a suggestion from the doctor citing the probable cause to be iron or Serum ferritn level test. Later on I also visited a doctor locally who diagnosed as Stomatitis

I am unsure of what this means but would like to add that the ulcer below my tongue has not cured since last 7 days and is causing lot of pain and trouble. Please advice me any specific test if necessary and medication
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Stomatitis simply means inflammation of the oral mucosa which is commonly caused due to multivitamin deficiency.

Well, it does take a minimum of 15 days for the stores to get replenished with the supplements. Meanwhile you can wash your mouth with antiseptic solution like Chlorhexidine and apply Candid mouth paint for better and fast healing.

There would be no need for any further testing.

Hope, I answered your query.