Get knee pain whenever do workout. What is the solution for it?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I get right knee pain whenever i workout. It stays for some 10 minutes and goes off. I have not taken any medication. What is the solution for it? I have a bad habit of involuntarily shaking my legs when i sit quite.Is this the problem?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 5 hours later
Hi Mr XXXXXXX thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

It is clearly evident from your description that your pain is the result of soft tissue strain (muscles, ligaments etc) in the knee joint.

As the pain is settling down immediately after the workout, I don't think there is any serious thing to worry about.

Your involuntary act of shaking legs has nothing to do with the knee pain.

I suggest you to avoid doing the activities (during workout) that are causing you pain in the knee joint or increase the frequency of workout's in a gradual manner so that your knee joint gets acclimatized.

No treatment is needed as of now for your problem.

Hope I have justified your query. Happy to help for any further clarification.