Get irritable, angry for nothing and depressed. No patience and feel lethargic. What to do?

my husband became very irritable lately, angry for nothing,depressed ,his decisions are not like before.he doesnt accept any opinion and very easy loses control and curses. no patience and is leathargic or very agitated some times.extremely angry with me .He is angry for things that happen according him 32 years ago.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
He needs a full check up.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Since the change in behaviour is after 50 years old, he should be checked for any tumor in the brain and also a type of dementia named frontotemporal dementia. After Alzheimer's disease, it is the most common dementia. A full assessment will clarify what is the reason for this change.
He should also be checked for using any substances if there is any doubt in this regard. Let me know if you have any question.
Best wishes.