Ask a Dentist   »  

Get frequent mouth ulcer. Start with minor cut on lips and tongue. Take pain killers. Suggest?

Hi Doctor,

I am a software engineer and living in a PG far from my home.I got mouth ulcer very frequently.They are like permanent now.I got it if there is a minor cut on my lips or tongue.This time i m in very critical condition.I m in severe pain.I cant speak or even drink water.I used some pain killer to reduce my pain but get no benefit.I fear if i am getting mouth cancer.Please tell me the causes and suggest me what should i eat.Please tell me some solution in detail.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dental consult to check for sharp teeth

Detailed Answer:

If someone is presenting with recurrent mouth ulcers I would try to understand these causes first:
1) Sharp edges of the teeth or other dental reasons - See a dentist for this
2) Unbalanced diet, very common amongst young and staying away from the home.
3) Stress at work, personal reasons

I recommend using DISPRIN paste (prepare it with DISPRIN tablet in 3ml of water) and apply over the ulcers 30 minutes before you have food or drink.
You can take Tab RIBOFLAVIN, two tablets after meal for a month.

The oral cancer has no basis in your situation you should not worry about it. This worry can trigger ulcers.

Follow-up: Get frequent mouth ulcer. Start with minor cut on lips and tongue. Take pain killers. Suggest? 57 minutes later
Hi Dr.

Please suggest me my diet.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Utilize 'Ask A Dietitian Service'

Detailed Answer:

It would be better if you can utilize 'ask A dietitian' service from your Dashboard.

It helps you get a personalized diet plan from the dietitian.

Thank you.