Get erection using viagra. On Coversyl. Erection only about half wot. Help?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hi I am 65 and i still get an erection mainly with the use of Viagra but in the last 3 years <,coincidence i have been on Coversyl Blood Pressure tablets> but my erection is only about half wot it was 4/5 years ago. and same when flaccid.Can yu help with any likely explanation Thanks
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later

You have been getting good hard erection with using Viagra in past.

However, you have noticed that since last 4-5 years you are not getting hard erection to your satisfaction even with Viagra.

You are taking tab Coversyl (Perindopril) for hypertension. Please note that Perindopril does not have side effect that will affect your sexual potency.

What you have observed is likely to be due to fact that the dose of Viagra that you were taking for ED may be inadequate to achieve hard erection now.

In my perspective, an increase in the dose of Viagra should improve the quality of erection.

Let me know if this helped you and if you need further clarifications.

Take care!

Follow-up: Get erection using viagra. On Coversyl. Erection only about half wot. Help? 1 hour later
Sorry maybe i wasnt clear.still have reasonable hard erection but the length is only half wot it use to be.say from 5 inches down to under 3 inches long.Thanks

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

The length of the penis is not significant but it is the hardness of penis, which is important for satisfaction of a female partner and enjoyable sex.

An erected penis of a 3 inches length can stimulate sensitive spots (G spot) located just close to entry of vagina.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.