Get cluster of bumps on labia. No blister or puss. Go away after periods. Remedy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Every month just days prior to my cycle for the past 3 months, I get a cluster of bumps on my left sude of labia. They itch never blistery or puss. I saw a dr no answer and had std check. They go away about 3-4 days after period. I have not had any change in body washes detergent etc. I also stopped shaving thinking that was a contributed but to no avail.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later

As the STDs rule out, possibly the lesions might have occurring due to hormonal effect.
Just before the periods the hormonal fluctuation will develop to allow the menstrual flow to start.
So possibly that may be the reason for your lesions.
As you are not having much problem with them and as they are self-limiting you can ignore them.
If they become bothersome in future consult dermatologist once.
Once check whether using sanitary pads is contributing to this.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Get cluster of bumps on labia. No blister or puss. Go away after periods. Remedy? 10 minutes later
Ruling out sanitary pads since its prior to cycle. I uploaded an image. I don't know if you were able to view them please advise. Also the area alone just where they cluster and itch swells. Lastly why only that side every month prior, during, and just a few days after cycle ends only? Why does it not accrue on any other side or area just continually that exact area?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

I am not able to see any attachments containing images.
There is possibility of sub-clinical herpes infection.
This infection involves particular nerve roots at same sites and it will appear when the immunity of the body decreases like around menstrual period etc.
So you once discuss this possibility with your doctor and get checked once again for herpes if your doctor suggests.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.