Get burning sensation in stomach with burps and often pass gas. Stool looks undigested. Suggest remedies?

Hello sir,

I get burning sensation in stomach with lot of burps and often pass gas.Also i pass stool frequently. The stool looks undigested as i pass frequently. Can you suggest me any remedies?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 9 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
Flatulence (passing gas) with stool abnormalities is usually indicative of a problem in digestion. Flatulence occurs because of fermentation of undigested food items. Passing of undigested food particles may indicate either an intestinal hurry due to intestinal inflammation or lack of digestion
In a young male like you the cause of these symptoms have to be investigated. Hence I recommend you to see a GI and get yourself worked up. Meanwhile as a prilimnary investigation you can get a stool routine examination on couple of days, a complete blood count, Fasting Vit B12 as well as a Thyroid function test. Abstain from milk and have plenty of curd as secondary milk intolerance is common in such situaltions