Get burning sensation before orgasm causing orgasm to stop mid way. Sign of prostate cancer?

Jul 2016

i have a burning sensation just before orgasm which sometimes causes the orgasm to stop.I am 72 yrs old.Fear it is prostate cancer.very healty otherwise
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
painful ejaculation.

The commonest cause of painful ejaculation is infection either of the prostate or urethra.
Please get following basic tests done to find out the cause of your problem.
1) Post Ejaculation Urine analysis.
2) Serum rule out cancer of the prostrate as suspected by you
2) Semen analysis to detect infection.
3) Swab test of a urethral discharge .
4) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out infection in prostate or Benign enlargement
of prostate

Please consult qualified Urologist for digital rectal examination and evaluation and get above mentioned investigations done as per his advice and if he thinks them to be appropriate.

As infection is the commonest cause it will get cured by taking broad spectrum antibiotic along with anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac and alpha blockers like Tomsulosin for 3-4 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.