Get beep sound in left ear. How can I stop it?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I get a continous beep sound on my left ear. May I know what I can do to stop it? . This sound exists from past 2+ years. Thanks,
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sreenivasan Narayana 21 hours later

You may be having a condition called tinnitus - ringing in ear. The cause for tinnitus can only be determined after thorough clinical examination, sometimes radiology tests and few audiological tests. Sometimes even then the exact cause may not be known. Usually, tinnitus is associated with other conditions such as hearing loss. In your case you are complaining of unilateral (one sided) tinnitus.

I suggest that you visit an ENT specialist in your area to undergo a proper evaluation. I also suggest that you should not ignore such symptoms as it is better to find out causes which could range from innocuous conditions to sometimes more complicated conditions.