Get awful panic and anxiety attacks while driving. What do I need to do?

I can no longer drive my car on the highway. I get aweful panic/ anxiety attacks. what do I need to do so I don't have to take the back roads for ever. ?
When I was younger I could drive anywhere. But over time it has got much worse. my family has a history of panic / anxiety attacks.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Anxiety and panic attack are the continuum of the same disease spectrum. You should get evaluation by a local psychiatrist he will know suitable antianxiety medicine regimen to comfort you.
After two weeks on treatment you will be able to drive like you could do in past.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!