Get aroused but do not reach climax. Is it because of old age?

Jul 2012

when I am with my partner I get very aroused but never reach a climax I used to always but not now, I can using a vibrator but not orally or being penetrated anymore, is it because of my age I am 62, but it has suddenly stopped why is this
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

At the outset, correct me if I have understood wrong, but you do reach a climax albeit with the use of a vibrator. So, reaching a climax does not seem to be an issue; just the route to it seems to be causing you some anxiety.

Relax, most of these issues are stress related & age is not an issue provided you are healthy & apart from the asthma/copd, you don’t seem to manifest any condition such as diabetes that may be an impediment to said climaxes.

Having said that, please do understand that climaxes in women are far more difficult to achieve than in men & it is commendable that at 62, you seem to have a zest for life that most women half your age sometimes find difficult to match. So, don’t worry about the climax, it will make its presence felt once you are relaxed.

A good option would be to take a holiday or cruise with your partner or indulge in some sport or leisure activity that relaxes you.

Please do let me know if you have more queries.

Warm Regds & wishing you good health & a long fulfilling life ahead.

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India