Get allergic to myoview. What are its contents?

i had a bad allergic reaction to myoview..what is in it?shell fish?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Injection MYOVIEW is used for imaging myocardium and assessment of left ventricular function for evaluation of a suspected heart problem in a patient.
It is a synthetic compound which is mixed with a radioisotope material called as technitium Tc 99m and injected before the procedure.
In less than 1% of people there can be side effects by the use of injection MYOVIEW and these side effects are vomiting,rash,skin allergy,breathlessness etc. and are generally not life threatening.
As far as my information goes,it doesn't have any shell fish as its component.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Get allergic to myoview. What are its contents? 22 hours later
i have to get a medical alert necklace what do i put on it for this allergy?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later
You write about the allergy caused to you by using injection MYOVIEW,The name of doctor and the name of hospital where this procedure was carried on you.
For more information regarding these medical alert bracelets,you may contact your local doctor.