Genital warts on vulva, rectum, inside vagina, lumps with loose bits. On creams and medication. Possible to get warts inside vagina?

Question
well about two years ago i was told i had genital warts. they gave me cream which eliminated the one on my volva but not by my rectum. i have recently noticed that just inside my vagina it is a little lmpy with loose bits. is it possible that you can get warts within your vagina?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Genital warts can develop around the vulva or inside the vagina and on the cervix.
A simple examination by your gynecologist will help in the diagnosis.
There is no treatment that can completely eliminate genital warts once a person has been infected. Often outbreaks of genital warts will become less frequent over time, until the body naturally clears the virus and the warts disappear of their own accord. However, in some people the infection may linger.
In your case it seems that the warts have reappeared after treatment.
There are many topical treatments available for genital warts and these include podophylliym resin, podofilox, 5-Fluorouracil and Imiquimod (Aldara) cream. However these creams should be used only after consulting your gynecologist and can be used at home.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.