Genital warts, folliculitis, inflamed hair follicle, keratosis, diprogenta

Another opinion :

I am currently living in Taiwan. Five years ago I contracted genital warts. I had them frozen and they went away. Two years ago, I noticed red (very slightly) raised inflamed skin that seemed to be surrounding a hair on my penile shaft. I asked a GP what it was and he told me folliculitis. However, this problem persisted for months. Finally I got sick of it so I squeezed it (a small amount of clear liquid came out) and picked at it until it fell off. It did not bleed. I thought it was gone however over the last two years it has kept coming back (it has recurred at least 5 times) in the exact same place looking the same. Every time it comes back i squeeze and pick at it until it falls off. During this time I have been seeing a GP who speaks perfect English. I have shown it to him at least 6 times and he keeps telling me it is just an inflamed hair follicle. However this past week I went to a derm (he didn't speak good English) for a scalp problem. I showed him the problem and he told it was a wart. I tried explaining the back story to it and he seemed to back off the diagnosis and said it was keratosis. He froze it off and it literally fell off 3 hours later.
Should I trust the original two doctors diagnosis? Was the last doctor just being hasty in diagnosing it? Would a wart really look like that? Would I be able to remove it so easily without bleeding? Would a wart fall off so quickly after being frozen?

Also the last time I went to the GP he prescribed Diprogenta. I applied it every day and it seemed to improve the problem but not completely fix it. When i stopped using the cream it came back. Also I have looked at it under bright light with a magnifying glass. The surface doesn't seem "warty" at all. Just reddish and thick. Also it is never gets very big. Also there is a hair sprouting from the middle of the problem.

Also I am sure it is not Genital Herpes because when the problem is present is stays the same and looks the same for months, well until i decide to remove it myself

thanks so much for your reply.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

As you told there is some discharge ON and OFF from the swelling.

This seems to be folliculitis (bacterial infection) or some Cyst.

A genital wart or herpes usually does not present like this.

So, what I would suggest you, to stop applying Diprogenta cream. Give little bit of hot fomentation over the lesion and apply Mupirocin cream. You may consider taking a course of antibiotic containing cloxacillin. Please discuss about the same with your treating doctor.

Get your blood glucose level done.

If still problem persists you should consult Dermatologist or Surgeon again.

I think this should help you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

With Regards
Dr Rohit Batra