Generalized lymphoma, painful, taken Motrin, relief from massage,surgery not advisable. Treatment for pain?

I have lyhoma all over my body and pains all over when I get a flare up my doctor prescribed motrin 800mg 3xaday for pain is there any other treatment besides this? surgery is not advisable because there are too many. XXXXXXX massage gives me relief specially if the fat is broken down by XXXXXXX massage is this O.K.? XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later

I think you mean to say lymphoma. Generalized spread of lymphoma does cause aches and pain but the pain killers like motrin will only give relief for the time being. These do not stop the progression of the disease in any way.

Lymphomas can be treated with the help of Chemotherapy and the survival can be prolonged with appropriate treatment.

I encourage you to consult a doctor for both evaluation and proper investigations that are needed so that proper treatment can be instituted to you.

Regarding Massage, I would suggest you to consult your treating doctor, as there is controversy regarding massage in Lymphoma case. He would advise you better, as he has personally examined you.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

I will be available for your further follow up queries if any.