Generalized itching, low grade fever, body pain. Had protected sex. Could this be the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello, I started itching all over the body with a low grade fever and pain all over body. I slept with a new boyfriend 1 week ago. He was wearing a condom. Could this be the reason?

Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A low grade fever with pain and itching all over body is likely to be due to a generalized viral infection. These symptoms are not likely to be due to any STD.
The following things should make you feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol 400 mg (TYLENOL) as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the fever and pain.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the weakness.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and you should be good.
For the itching sensation, you can take an anti allergic like cetrizine and apply 1% hydrocortisone ointment over the affected areas.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.