Generalized burning in body, indigestion. Taking Oxantrione and vitamin regimen. Is this a reaction from wrong combination?

Infertility Specialist
I have a sudden severe burning on my skin. it started on my ears and neck and within five minutes it has moved down to my chest and arms. It was very bad at first but it has started to mellow out a bit. i am taking Oxantrione(60mg per day) and I am on a vitamin regimen as well. Omega 3, vitamin e, Resveratrol forte, inositol, choline, icelandic kelp, chromium picolinate, b12, b2, niacin, vitamin c, and b6. the dosages and frequencies of the vitamins vary. i try to spread them out a bit so im not taking alot at once. but i took the reccommended dosage of each of them all at once this evening because i missed yesterday and this morning. i am assuming that this is some sort of reaction from mixing the wrong combination. i also take 3-4 tums a day for indigestion. otherwise i am a fit and healthy 23 year old male with no health issues. since i have started typing the burning had moved all the way down my abdomen and back and is now in my legs. I am a bit nervous because the pain is so severe from the burning but my cell phone is dead and i do not have access to another so i found this site online. thank you for your help. XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later

Generalised burning in body can be due to 2 reasons.

1) Vitamin overdose causes these typical symptom of burning in the body. Especially vitamin like Niacin is known to produce these symptoms in excess dose. As you have taken all vitamin tablets at once, the dose has become exessive and you have burning. Hence
donot worry. It will come down after a day.

2) If you are anxious about something ( anxiety disorder) also leads to these problems. Try to calm down and take rest. You will be fine soon.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no further queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol