Gastric bypass surgery done. Experiencing abdominal pain. Bloodwork normal. CAT scan done. Any suggestion?

2009 Gastric Bypass surgery. For the past 5 days as soon as I eat or drink anything I am experiencing severe abd. pain. Attended the E.R X2. Bloodwork done Normal. Cat scan shows nothing! Bowel movents are normal.Severe pain is present right above umbilicus.
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
The imaging has ruled our surgical emergencies, but it has poor sentivity for picking up the functional disorder and infections of gut.
You may be having ulcers or gastropathy down there.
I would suggest you to get upper GI endoscopy that is Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy-oops that's a bad tongue XXXXXXX simply known as OGD.
So please get review with your gasroenterologist.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.