Gasoline entered ear while disconnecting gas line. Why is it hurting? Emergency now?

I was disconnecting a gas line under my vehicle and got gasoline in my ear. Now it hurts very badly. What is happening to my ear and do I need to go to the emergency clinic?
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 32 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As it is hurting very badly, it seems that gasoline might have injured your ear drum due to pressure while disconnecting.

As injury to ear can be diagnosed through personal examination only, therefore you should consult an E.N.T. specialist in person as soon as possible.

Mean while you can take analgesic anti-inflammatory tablet to get relief.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, I will be happy to help you. If you don't require further clarification, please close the discussion by accepting the answer and rating it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,