Gas with mucus discharge. Cause and cure ?

hi, I'm 31 years i weight 170 and my height is 5'3"old being passing lots of gas and some mucous discharge with it, could you please tell me what is wrong?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

Stool normally contains a small amount of mucus. Lots of gas and indigestion is commonly associated with passage of some amount of mucus in the stools. But passing stools with visible amounts of mucus could be from one of several different diseases or conditions.

Mucus in the stool is a common symptom of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and ulcerative colitis, and is seen to a lesser degree in Crohn's disease. Bacterial infection, anal fissure, or a bowel obstruction may also cause the passage of mucus along with stool.

Physical examination, stool analysis and sometimes colonoscopy are entailed here. These basic test are necessary to diagnose the condition and for appropriate treatment.

I encourage you to consult your primary physician and get the relevant investigations done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer them.