Gas problem, feeling weightlessness and skipped of breath. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Dear Doctor, sometime I feel gas trouble and during that time if take a nap then it gives sensation of weightlessness and it feel like I have skipped my breath.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later

Thank you for writing in.

The gas trouble which are describing can be due to various reasons.
1. Reflux disease is very likely as you have some amount of breathlessness during the individual episodes.
2. Gall bladder dysfunction can also cause flatulent dyspepsia.

I would suggest you to get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy to look for reflux disease and an ultrasound to look for gall stone disease.

I do not feel what you have is a serious concern. However I encourage you to visit a gastroenterologist near your location to know the true cause and thereby plan further treatment.

I hope this answers your doubt. Let me know if you need any other additional information.

With regards