Gas, bloating, pain and constipation. How should I evaluated the situation?

I have been on the XXXXXXX diet for three weeks now. My body did fine digesting food, although the individual stools became smaller, as well as mild constipation(which I know to be normal). I have stomach problems linked to stress that I have never had diagnosed. Mostly gas, pains here and there, nothing serious. My dog died a couple of days ago, making me very stressed. At that very time, my digestive system felt as if it shut down, and I was having bloating, mild pain, and constipation. Today, I woke up and was relieved to pass a decent sized stool. I checked it out to see how big it was, and it was a pale yellow color. It sunk to the bottom and seemed dense. It almost looked like a banana. About an hour later I had another, which was softer, XXXXXXX with a little bit of yellow in it. I had another a couple hours later and it was a small yellow one, with a bit of XXXXXXX in it; also very dense. I have no other symptoms except mild stomach pain. No jaundice, no puking or nausea, no fever. I was curious how I should evaluate this situation. I should also mention that I had a full checkup one year ago. My liver, kidneys, and everything else tested fine in my blood work. It was a thorough examination, with a lot of blood tests. Is it from the excessive meat that I eat? Is it from the stress that triggered my IBS, or whatever it is when my digestive system shuts down? Like I said, this is the first day that I've noticed it. Should I keep an eye on it, and how long should I give it to normalize, considering I'm on an extreme meat only diet? What kinds of things should I look out for, and what would be my time frame for going to get some of the more serious conditions checked into? I don't have insurance. Thanks for the help.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 50 minutes later

In my view current stool changes should not be major concern and is most likely related to diet and bowel habit changes XXXXXXX stools are due to presence of unchanged bile in stools.Bile is normally XXXXXXX in color and changes to yellow/brown in intestine, giving stools it's normal color.When bile remains unchanged stools appear XXXXXXX Even IBS can contribute to such XXXXXXX stools.Eating meat can be the cause of mild constipation and hard stools.Its always suggestible to add fiber diet to meat.

I think you need to watch on increase in constipation,blood in stools, fat in stools and further increase in XXXXXXX stools. I guess this should resolve in week or two. But try to make diet more of balanced one.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are further question.