Gallbladder working at 0% whit no stones. Is surgery recommended for removal?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi Dr my gallbladder working at 0% whit no stones do you recommend me to take out thank you
A Dr toll me i have to do taking out this week plz help me
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
i dont think that you need emergent surgery for it but i recommend removal as well since it will very probably cause difficulties in future and gallbladder stones will develop for sure, sooner or later. Gallbladder removal is a routine procedure today done laparoscopically with 1-2 days in hospital postoperatively and with great recovery and negligible complications rate. You should not be afraid of surgery at all. So in every case the benefit of this procedure is much bigger then cost,but of course the final decision is up to you. the only clear indication for surgery is acute chiolecystitis or perforation and everything else can be done as elective surgery in consultation with your surgeon. Feel free to ask. Wish you good health.