Gallbladder removed. Having chronic back pain and chest pain. How to overcome this?

Dec 2012

Chronic back pain, an on occasion zaps of pain in my chest. Flashes like electrical zap. Not centered. Can be either side of chest. Age 42, Female. BP managed w/HCTZ and ARB, (hereditary.) Gallbladder removed in December.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query,

I am pleased to be able to help you answer your health problem,

I presume your problem is the chest pain that you have occasionally. From your description especially of your past medical history, it is most likely as a result of a coronary heart diseases notably angina pectoris.
You will need a diagnostic ECG and consultation with a cardiologist to confirm or rule out. Other possible causes could be costochondritis, GERD, pleuritic chest pain (most unlikely as no notion of infection was mentioned).
My suggestion is book an appointment with a cardiologist or an internist for diagnostic confirmation first before appropriate treatment can be provided.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Please if you are satisfied do accept my answer.

Dr. Nsah