Gallbladder removed. Have popping feeling in chest with back pain. Should I be worried?

I had my gallbladder removed lapthroscopically over a year ago, recently I have had a popping feeling in the center of my chest, it happens more frequently when i turn my upper body to the right. Also if I push the center of my chest near the area of the xiphiod process I can feel and hear a popping sound, this is also at times accompanied with lower back pain. Is this something I should be worried about?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
Laproscopy done before 1 year is nothing to with present symptoms. If it has any complications they are of immediate onset. So don't worry and correlates with that.
Now popping sound at xipoid process can be seen fracture. However there must be significant trauma for xipoid bone fracture. I think it is not like that. Back pain has different causes like muscle spasm, disc prolapse etc.
I would suggest you can ignore that definitely. Still you feel , then need to consult your orthopaedician for detailed clinical examination. Then only further investigations and management can be decided.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.