Gall bladder surgery done. Started facing urinary problem. Cause for concern?

Oncologist, Surgical
I had gall bladder surgery three days ago. I feel like I have to urinate constantly, but at night ver little if any urine comes out
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 58 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. These urinary problems can occur because of two reasons. If you were catheterised during surgery, you can suffer from such symptoms in the post-operative period. It can also be associated with burning micturition and for that you should get a urine examination done.
The other could be a prostate problem at your age and sometimes this problem gets precipitated during periods of stress (like after surgery). It is best that you consult a urologist and have yourself evaluated.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.