Gall bladder removed. Ultrasound scan shows fatty liver. What should be done?

I am +45 years male with gall bladder operated and removed. Recent ultrasound report says that the liver is enlarged in size and shows increased parenchymal echogenecity suggestive of fatty liver grade1 with mild focal lesion seen.The IHBR are not dilated. My height is 5ft 6" and weight is 96 kgs.
I take alcohol almost 2 -3 times a month and take non vegetarian food regularly.

What should i do to reverse this for normal liver. other problem is that while watching TV or driving I tend to feel sleepy/doze off which has almost become a practice. Please advise
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer given below

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

You have two risk factors that may contribute to your fatty liver- obesity and alcohol intake.
Fatty liver as such is harmless and is reversible if the risk factors are eliminated.
So the first step is to reduce weight and stop drinking alcohol.

Get tested to look for other risk factors also like diabetes and high cholesterol.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini