Gall bladder removed. Safe to drink alcohol?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
1] if Gall Bladder is removed can a person drink Alchol [i.e.Hard Drink Consumption ]??
2] Heart Pateint can Kiss or Hug OR Such Phy act?? will there any problem in Heart if doing so??
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 46 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query.

1. The main function of gall bladder is to secrete bile juice, which helps in digestion of fats. If the gall bladder is removed, it does not necessitate that alcohol should be avoided but moderate consumption is warranted. If you find you have ugly symptoms after its consumption like headache, nausea, diarrhoea, employ caution.
You should avoid oily and fatty foods as fat digesion is disturbed due to gall bladder removal.

2. Passionate kissing can be XXXXXXX in heart patients who are adviced to avoid excitatory stimulus as it increases heart rate due to hormonal/chemical changes in the body.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any doubts, I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Gall bladder removed. Safe to drink alcohol? 17 hours later
Hi Doctor,

actually fact is i have been molest by my Father In law by kissing and hugging..
and i have to give proove in court that heart patient can do such thing.

so as its been blamed that my father is regular drunker so i have to proove that he can not drink.

this is reason i have asked above questions. but ur reply can not favour me.

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 25 hours later
Your concern is something that can have various answers. Medically both moderate alcohol consumption is beneficial post gall bladder removal. And passionate kissing is restricted in the presence of previous serious heart illness. However it doesn't prove your father-in-law's innocence and your father's blame. Perhaps your father can get his blood tested - GGT and liver enzymes levels etc., to provide indirect evidence of becoming a teetotaller.
A thorough clinical examination can be performed by the related authorities to pick of signs of physical molesting only if the act was very recent.

That being said, though I appreciate your efforts in contacting us, I do not think there are any medicolegal experts available here to rightly direct you and obtain a favourable result. Please discuss with your jury of legal advisors and take his/her suggestions.

Hope this helped.

Good luck!