Gall bladder removal,hrt therapy,abdominal pain,nausea,burning on ejaculation and urination

General Surgeon
62 yowm Optometrist bp 132/82 pulse 62 175 lbs fitness freak hx gall bladder removal 2006, psa 2006 1.0, three healthy bowel movements daily, normal color, dark on occassion but lots of turnip greens, hx hrt therapy, none in a year ...two years ago one week of pain across abdomen bottom of sternum..recently upper right quadrant pain (improving, exactly where I felt pain with gallbladder) with dull burning behind sternum (improving)and pain upper right back sometimes hurts to take XXXXXXX breath (improving), some tickling in bottom of ribs and right flank (sometimes both flanks, improving...sometimes after complete evacuation on bowel movement there is slight nausea, improving) all this began 2 yrs ago (transient), but symptoms suddenly recurred with gusto, increased and have remained since some alcohol consumption (4 drinks a day ) early April this year, symptoms peaked in mid May and are improving...5 weeks ago burning on ejaculation and urination (single episode) which went away with doxycycline 100mg bid x 21 days... major stressor was divorce this winter, emotionally ok now...stomach and back symptoms better but still loss of energy and I pee like a firehose ...any ideas?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 26 minutes later

Post cholecystectomy syndrome is a well known entity. In this certain sign and symptoms appear & disappear time & again. But upper abdominal pain under the sternum can be due to over secretions acids known as Acid peptic disease or gastritis and due to many other reason. As pain hurts you while XXXXXXX breathing it suggest some infection. Alcohol may be the precipitating factor. Stress (divorce) also contribute or aggravate sign & symptoms. But I will advise you to under go complete annual health checkup to rule out any organic pathology (right time to do it).

In my opinion biggest contributing factor is stress in your case, so diversion of attention & keeping busy in certain work may give you lot of relief.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”