Gall bladder polyp found on ultra sound. What should i do?

Curious how concerned u should be for death or cancer. Was found to have 3mm gall blader polyp on ultra sound. What should i do for follow up if any. Radiologist said none. GI said to have another ultrasound. I am very scared of cancer.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Not likely to be cancer Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. It appears that you have got a 3mm tiny polyp in gall bladder. This is not significant at all. These findings are seen in many individuals if ultrasound is done in everybody. I don't see any reason for further workup. This is not known to turn into cancer or cause death. For reassurance you can go for another ultrasound in 3-6 months. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.