Gaining weight and have fatty liver. CT scan done. What does the finding indicate?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
GOOD EVENING DOCTOR. MY CT SCAN REPORT SHOWS FATTY INTRUSION PF LIVER AND MY SGOT IS 51 AND SGPT LEVEL IS 46.

my problem is I have been suffering from some problem in pancreas ( pet ct dotonoc of pancreas suggest NESIDIOBLASTOSIS involving body and tail of pancreas OF ADULT TYPE ) but 5 DMSA SPECT SCAN OF PANCREAS SUGGEST INSULINOMA IN PANCREAS. AND MY FASTING INSULIN LEVEL IS 67. SO I HAD GAINED ENORMOUS WEIGHT DUE TO FREQUENT EATING OF FOOD XXXXXXX IN CARBOHYDRATE . HOW CAN I TAKE CARE OF MY LIVER and pancrease
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 15 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Nesidioblastosis is the neoformation of islets of Langerhans from pancreatic duct epithelium

Sporadic persistent hyperinsulinaemic hypoglycaemia is a common feature of nesidioblastosis

Patient education is very vital but is our of the scope of online forum

If there is any discrepancy in diagnosis with two different modalities you should go for a repeat examination at a specialized center

I have seen your lipid profile, you need to see your physician for the same

Regarding Cirrhosis , any fatty liver can end up in to Cirrhosis but I would suggest you get the diagnosis confirmed

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead