Gaining weight. Treated with durotram. How can I reduce the weight?

over the last 5 months i have piled on the weight i am 95 kg now and once was a fit boxer . i am 29 yrs. i can not control my eating and find it to hard to exercise due to the pain of it, i have a bit of a bad back to, i am being treated with durotram. so i sit in front of the tv instead. i want to use duromine again but dont know how to explain to my doctor it is the only thing that will work. i should know because i was once a strong willed boxer that trained hard, and now that has gone i need help . i have tried everything. what should i tell my doctor? i think he is the hippy type doctor. i know my body and its running out of time i need help.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I advice you for dietary changes and regular exercises to reduce weight rather than going for weight reduction pills. The pills will aid you in decreasing the weight but it also requires you to put some efforts, that is proper diet and regular exercises.
First of all you should find a way to reduce your anxiety and depression. It will not only help in changing your present life style but also help to boost your confidence and you may start doing the things you used to do. Instead of sitting in front of the TV it will be better if you walk or go fer jog in the park or take walk in the near by streets.
Low back pain is very common among adults and is often caused by overuse and muscle strain or injury. Most low back pain can get better if you stay active, avoid positions (may be sitting in front of TV) and activities that may increase or cause back pain, use ice, and take nonprescription pain relievers (which you already on) when you need them.
Exercises to reduce low back pain are not complicated and can be done at home without any special equipment. Exercise may not only help decrease low back pain, but it may also help you recover faster, prevent reinjury to your back, and reduce the risk of disability from back pain.
It's important that you don't let fear of pain keep you from trying gentle activity. You should try to be active soon after noticing pain, and gradually increase your activity level. Too little activity can lead to loss of flexibility, strength, and endurance, and then to more pain.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Gaining weight. Treated with durotram. How can I reduce the weight? 9 minutes later
i have been exercising on my tredmil and this is daily. i am constantly sore but still manage to do at least 500 mt running and 500 mt fast walking. i get my heart rate up to 130 for about 5 min then that is it. the food is the problem, i am also a chef. but i cant seem to stop eating. is there anything out there to curb my appetite at all?? thank u very much for ur last reply i do agree but the intake is always more than the outake if u get my drift :)
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Good to hear from you.
Our body weight is determined by the amount of energy that we take in as food and the amount of energy we expend in the activities of our day.
If your weight remains constant, you are probably taking in the same amount of calories that you burn each day. If you're slowly gaining weight over time, it is likely that your caloric intake is greater than the number of calories you burn through your daily activities.
The most effective method for weight loss is reducing the number of calories you consume while increasing the number of calories you burn through physical activity.
Self motivation is the best thing rather than going for pills. I advice you some how try to curb food intake and it is possible. I also advice you to increase the work out as you have increase the energy expenditure.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.