Gained weight on tummy. What can be done to reduce it?

So I am 55 going through the changes in life with the usual symptoms but there is one that I am not very happy with. I have put on weight but especially around my stomach and also by the end of the day feel like it doubled in size. No I do not eat much I am trying to eat sensibly I am exercising regularly. But am still having problems??
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 34 minutes later
Hello Mam,

Thanks for the query,

I do understand your concern

I advise you to follow a strict diet pattern. Even if you don’t eat much, what exactly do you eat is important. For example you need to avoid food with high oil content, chicken, mutton, cheese, fries etc. Increase the amount of XXXXXXX and leafy vegetables in your diet. Apart, you need to join a regular exercise program, where people need to train you for the exercises to strengthen the muscles around the stomach. All these steps will help reduce your weight.

Another important issue which I would like you to tell that some medical problems like thyroid problem, diabetes are also associated with weight gain. So please check these in consultation with a local endocrinologist who also will guide you reduce your weight

Hope I have clarified your query
Please get back to me if you have any other concern
Best wishes