GTT showed positive result. Good diet?

Recently I appeared for GTT and the result was positive.
Can you please recommend me a good diet .

Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

I can understand your concern and a diabetic diet/ prediabetic diet should contain:

1)     Focus on the healthiest carbohydrates, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes (beans, peas and lentils) and low-fat dairy products.

2)     Eat foods XXXXXXX in fiber which include vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes (beans, peas and lentils), whole-wheat flour and wheat XXXXXXX

3)     Eat fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines and bluefish which are XXXXXXX in omega-3 fatty acids and avoid fried fish and fish with high levels of mercury, such as tilefish, swordfish and king mackerel.

4)     Avoid processed snacks, baked goods, shortening and stick margarines, saturated fats, refined sugars, sweets, icre creams and refined carbohydrates. Fruits high in fiber such as papaya, XXXXXXX orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.

5)     Sources of cholesterol include high-fat dairy products and high-fat animal proteins, egg yolks, shellfish, liver, and other organ meats. Aim for no more than 300 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol a day.

6)     Concentrate more on milk without cream, buttermilk, fresh seasonal fruits, green vegetables, oats, channa atta and millets.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.