GERD,prilosec,EGD,benign polyps,stomach pain,appetite loss,weight loss,CAT scan

I have been using Prilosec for about 15 years for GERD. Last Feb, my doctor performed an EGD where I later learned that 15 benign polyps were excised. Since then, my GERD symptoms have increased with new stomach pains to the point of having to visit the emergency room for severe stomach pain recently, little to no sleep, unable to eat without pain/discomfort, loss of appetite, weight loss. The doctor at the emergency room gave me a temporary prescription of CIMETIDINE 400MG 2/day. A few days later I visited the same GI Specialist who did the EGD and he prescribed pantoperazole 40mg 2/day and wants to do a colonoscopy, another EGD and a CAT-Scan.

I am concerned that ulcers may have been brought on by the removal of the polyps. Is this possible? I have never been in this kind of pain before.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 13 hours later
Thank you for the query.

Kindly provide us with detailed endoscopic and histopathologic report to enable us accurate analysis of your symptom.

Dr Vaibhav Banait