GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) PHOTOMETRY 129.5 U/l ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) PHOTOMETRY 129.5 U/l
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (SGOT ) PHOTOMETRY 58.5 U/l
ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT) PHOTOMETRY 59.9 U/l
this is my blood test abnormalites that i have test all blooe routine check up ande this values are abnormal and high please suggest me good medicine homeopathic or auryvedic to reduce this levels to normal range .please guide me with excellent medicine for this high ranges to reduce to lower levels
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
further necessary information

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and after reviewing your case history and reports attached I'm of the following opinion:

1. total Iron and iron transferrin saturation is low whereas TIBC is normal: Iron deficiency anemia [anemia of chronic illness], so exclude any infection or inflammatory disease which can interfere with the production of red blood cells

2. Lipid Profile: although TG's [triglycerides] are considered normal according to value, but new values for TG's should be < 150 mg/dl [and not 200], so please consult with your attending physician.

PS. slight dyslipidemia present.

3. BUN/S.creatinine ratio is low: exclude conditions like heart failure, dehydration, cirrhosis of the liver.

4. GGT, SGOT [AST], SGPT [ALT]: are raised thus:

i. GGT: It is the most sensitive indicator of hepatobiliary disorders. Though elevated in hepatocellular damage, it is rather non-specific because elevated GGT level may be found in pancreatic, renal, cardiac or pulmonary disorders.

PS. GGT is a potential marker of alcohol abuse and is raised in hepatocellular damage and cholestasis. [please let me know about alcohol intake].

ii. Although LFT are sensitive but are very nonspecific and serve to detect liver disease rather than quantitative liver function so their high values don't signify a serious complication most of the time, it is the underlying pathophysiological process which needs to be diagnosed and managed, so if they are constantly on the higher side, go with serum albumin, PT [prothrombin time] and INR.

PS. You might be having 'Compensated' liver disease at this stage, thus I do prepare result oriented medicine which can reduce your levels and bring them to normal range along with providing strength to the liver, if interested do let me know so that I can courier you the medicine.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika