G6PD patient.Tetanus shot effects?

ENT Specialist
Are there issues with a Tenus shot if you have G6PD?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 46 minutes later

Thanks for the query

There are no studies which have reported any adverse effects with the administration of Tetanus Toxoid or any other vaccinations to G6PD patients. No need to worry and you can safely take Tetanus Toxoid vaccine.

In fact, a few studies have reported the beneficial effects of vaccination in G6PD individuals, Vaccination against some common pathogens (such as hepatitis A and hepatitis B) may prevent infection-induced attacks ( WWW.WWWW.WW phosphate_dehydrogenase_deficiency). Thus, there are absolutely no issues related to administration of Tetanus shot to G6PD individuals .

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any more doubts, I will be available for follow ups.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.