Fungal infection, taking Onabet V1. Is it safe to become pregnant now?

I am trying for a baby.My period is just over.Can I use Onabet V1
and What's its effect on conceiving ? after howmany days of using it I
can try for baby ?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Your period is just over. Your ovulation is expected after at least 7-10 days. Onabet V1 is a single vaginal tablet to reduce the fungal infection. You can safely use it now and can try for conceiving in this cycle also. It usually gets cleared from the body in 7 days. It is a pregnancy category C drug and might show effects on fetus if used during pregnancy.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Fungal infection, taking Onabet V1. Is it safe to become pregnant now? 29 hours later
My family doctor has suggested two AF kits -one for me and one
for my husband before trying for a baby.But AF kit literarure says
that it is for women only. Can he use AF kit tablets ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Yes. AF-KIT can be taken by both males and females and it is best to treat both the partners to avoid recurrence.

Wishing you an early recovery.