Fungal infection. Effects on antibodies and herpes test positive ?

can a fungus effect your antibodies? and if so can it cause a herpes test to be positive?
Please tell me what steps that I need to take or possible solutions anything PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Fungal infections if not treated properly are notorious for recurrence. In your case for proper treatment scrapings from the fungal lesion should be sent for culture and sensitivity and according to the report anti fungal drugs should be given vigorously for prolonged relief.

Fungal infections cannot make changes in your antibody levels so as to cause a herpes test positive.If you are steady with a single partner then it might have been transmitted from mouth to mouth contact.It is best to take the proper treatment without further worrying about the cause.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.