Fullness in head. On antibiotics. Eustachean tube not draining. What can be done?

My right eustachean tube is not draining. It has been one week. No pain other than a fullness in my head. Tried antibiotic did not work. Any ideas.
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Sometimes there is aseptic collection of fluid in the ear canal which does not improve on taking antibiotics. This is mostly reactive fluid collection and putting decongestant drops in the ear are helpful.
Associated sinusitis also causes the persistent symptoms.
You may wait and watch for next two weeks if there is no associated pain. In case the symptoms are persistent then you can consult your ENT specialist for a small procedure called myringotomy to facilitate the drainage of fluid inside.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Fullness in head. On antibiotics. Eustachean tube not draining. What can be done? 2 days later
What brand of decongeston for ears do you recommend ? I tend to prefer homeopathy any ideass what remedy might work?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can use decongestant nasal sprays like Afrin, nasal spray antihistamines for relief.
I am sorry I do not have any idea regarding the homeopathic treatment for his.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.