Full hysterectomy done. Feeling small spongey organ inside vagina near urethra. Should I be worried?

May 2013
i am 62 about 9 years ago i had a full hysterectomy i now find if i wipe up too high in my vagina the small spongey organ inside my vagina near my uretha will bleed my doctoe feels it is nothing to worry about is she right
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 33 minutes later

according to your description the organ you are telling could be,

-granulation tissue at the area of healed wound in the apex of vault,

-retained part of cervix after surgery,

-prolapsed part of bladder felt in the anterior wall of vault or vault prolapse itself,

-urethral caruncle: prolapsed mucosa comes through urethra

if you are not having any problem other than feeling the mass you can ignore it, but if you are having symptoms like bleeding, pain, difficulty in passing urine or motion etc,
better to undergo physical examination along with speculum examination to find out the actual nature of that thing,
depending on that treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.