Full hysterectomy done. Experiencing severe pain with movement. Why am I getting this pain?

Hi I had a full hystertomy 5 months ago, i am still experiencing extreme pain with movement, I have lost my job and dont leave the house, my surgeon has performed all the tests but everything is normal, but i can tell you im not
do you have any idea why im still like this. thank you
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 16 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

I am really concerned about your pain on movements, especially that tests are normal as you say.

To be more specific in my answer, May I ask you a few questions:

What tests were done to evaluate post-operative pain?
Can you tell me what was the exact problem for which hysterectomy was done?
Could you describe your pain in great detail- How is your pain? - site, intensity, quality, duration, aggravating and relieving factors, spread etc.
Is there any back pain? Area of sensation loss in the abdomen or perineum?
Does it hurt when you press into the tummy?
Do you have any fever, nausea, vomiting, loose motions?
Is there any difficulty in urination or defecation (bowel motions) or any discharge through the vagina?

It would greatly help if you could upload all the above requested info as well as test reports, images, here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

Would be able to tell you about the cause once I get the details.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!