Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off. Is this good?

General Surgeon
I gave myself a frostbite wound by playing around with the dr.scholls blister freezer and i put it on my chest to see how cold it was i did not know i would get frostbite. its been about 1 week and 3 days since it happen and it has like scab and its red not black but its starting to peel off is this good or what and itches sometimes.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later
It would be good if you could attach a photo of it. Generally this is how frostbites heals over and if there is no leakage from it, no fever it is ok.
Frostbite is generally a type of wound, where some area of skin is damaged by low temperature. This damaged parts needs to be removed as it is necrotic tissue, and this is what your body has done with it. That is why the scab appeared. Under this scab new skin cells are migrating and proliferating to patch the damaged part. Itching is a normal thing and it indicates that it is healing.
Hope this will help
Feel free to ask further questions