Ask a Dentist   »  

Front teeth replaced with a metallic plate and tooth is shaking. Will it cause any complications during pregnancy?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
My wife's front upper tooth got broken during childhood and was replaced with some metal plate with a crown. In 2009, she got it replaced.Recently she is facing a problem where this tooth is shaking.We have got an X-ray and i am attaching that too. One point here to mention is that she is 24 weeks pregnant.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: get the moving cap / part refixed. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX After seeing your wife's x-ray I feel that the part shaking is the metal post to which the cap is attached. As the tooth is root canal treated there should be no pain. I would suggest that you get a thorough clinical evaluation of the tooth and if the root inside is intact just either get the moving cap re fixed or if required redone. Its a safe bloodless procedure which will not cause any complications during her pregnant state. Regards

Follow-up: Front teeth replaced with a metallic plate and tooth is shaking. Will it cause any complications during pregnancy? 9 hours later
Thanks for the answer. Should i go for implantion or post treatment? Also i would like to know approx how much both treatments cost?

Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: implants not recommended during pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi. I wouldn't recommend implant surgery till your wife delivers.. if required get the current cap refixed for the time being as she won't be able to take strong antibiotics also. Cost of implant varies approximately in the range of 30000/- inr.. Regards