Ask a Dentist   »  

Front teeth are broken. Getting pain when trying to eat and gum starts swelling with pain. Suggest?

Dentist
Question
My front 2 teeth are broken. Getting pain whenever trying to byte food with the front teeth. Time to time gum around that area starts swelling and infections starts along with extreme pain. Those two teeth broke 15 years back and I somehow pushed them back to gum. Now they are stuck to gum but turning yellow. The only answer I got is they are dead teeth and I have to replace the teeth with artificial one.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you need to get them extracted

Detailed Answer:
hi

thanks for writing in.

I went through your history & would suggest you to go for extraction of those two teeth.
Due to trauma your teeth have become non vital & now there is pus formation in those teeth.
Its good to get it extracted followed by placement of artificial teeth.
Consult your dentist & get complete clinical & radiographic examination before starting treatment.

Hope i answered your query

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra

Follow-up: Front teeth are broken. Getting pain when trying to eat and gum starts swelling with pain. Suggest? 25 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX

your response is helpful.

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome

Detailed Answer:
I would be happier to answer your queries i nearby future.

Dr.Neha

Follow-up: Front teeth are broken. Getting pain when trying to eat and gum starts swelling with pain. Suggest? 1 hour later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

The last question. Could you suggest me any good doctor in Hyderabad, specialized ub this problem? Although I'm staying near Mehdipatnam, for a good doctor I can visit any place in Hyderabad.

THanks again.

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 39 minutes later
As I practice in Uttaranchal, I am unaware of doctors in South India. Therefore I am unable to give you useful reference. You may use this link to search for doctors nearby your locality.
WWW.WWWW.WW
A few doctors have user written review which can guide you.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Front teeth are broken. Getting pain when trying to eat and gum starts swelling with pain. Suggest? 47 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

As you suggested, I checked with dentist here. As per her recommendation, I did an x-ray (the X-ray is attached). Apart from the points you mentioned above, would you like to comment anything else? especially, anything that I should be worried for, or should be taken special care of?

thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to go for extraction of all 3 front teeth

Detailed Answer:
I saw your OPG & there is abscess in upper left lateral incisor while both central incisors are fractured.If you want to save your teeth you can go for tooth or extraction,whatever is suitable for you.
At last get capping done after Root Canal Treatment.
There is nothing to worry about.
Consult your dentist & start with treatment as early as possible.

Wishing you good health
Dr.Neha