Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a precaution to avoid chicken pox being transferred to me?

Hello Doc.,
I met my client today at my office, he was suffering from chicken pox from last 1 month,
He came today at my office to XXXXXXX my dad & me & he was coughing continuously.
His age is 25 yrs., my age is 27 yrs. & my father's age is 52 yrs.
My father is not sure whether he had chicken pox in his childhood days.
But regards to me i had taken a vaccination for chicken pox in my childhood days & i never got chicken pox.
Query - Should we take any kind of medicine as a precaution to avoid chicken pox being transferred to us.
Query - 2 :
Doc, My left side of neck pains a lot which in result causes headache only on the left side, but whenever i take a painkiller called Enzoflam it goes for some time & again starts.
How can i get rid of this.
Please advise & answer both my queries.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chance of chicken pox is very less. NSAID

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through your query and understood your concern.

Query 1:
Since you had vaccinated against chickenpox in childhood, there is very less chance to get infected.

A person with chickenpox is infectious one to two days before the rash appears until 6 to 7 days when all lesions gets crusted over. Since your client is suffering from 1 month the lesions might have crusted and he might be noninfectious by this time. So no need to worry for it.

I will be little concerned if you develop any following symptoms like fever, rash, cough, sore throat, aches and headache as these are common symptoms that present in the initial stage of disease are common.

Query 2: Hi pain only in left side of neck and head ache may be due to many causes. But most frequent causes for your age are viral fever and musculo skeletal cause. You can take NSAID like Aceclofenac with muscle relaxant like tizanidine / chlorzoxazone with your doctor's advice along with plenty of fluids and every day exercises. This will help you.

So no need to worry for chicken pox now and discuss with your doctor for neck pain as explained.

Hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.