Frequently using bathroom. Noticed blood in bowels. Help?

General Surgeon
hello sir i have been facing this problem from the last 2 days. I go to toilet six times a day but once in everyday i find blood in my bowels... so i need help regarding this...... i am not getting any symptons, everything is normal from my side.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 30 minutes later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon.

Your symptoms seem to be related to intestinal infection. I would like to know about your food habits. Do you eat frequently from outside and that too some kind of junk food ? If this is the case, then amebiasis could be the more likely infection. That being said, we will need to differentiate from other possible infection especially those caused by bacteria.

I would suggest you to get your stool tested for ova, cyst, and occult blood. Further treatment can be started based on the reports.

In the interim drink plenty of fluids.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.