Frequently getting cold and fever. How to gain weight and increase immunity?

Ayurveda Specialist
I am a 21 yr old girl. My diet is not good thats y m so thin nd my immunity system is so weak. i easily get cold,fever ect diease. pls help me how i can gain weight nd increase my immunity there any medicine or syrup which will help me
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX and ayurveda with your problem and going by your history following points needs kind attention:

1. "Your diet is not good": is this due to wrong food choices or due to excess physical/mental activity,(Output is more than input) or diet/health conscious or simply you are unable to gain weight?
2. It can be other way around: probably your METABOLISM,so please check (specially Thyroid,Hemoglobin)
3. Any kind of STRESS or lack of sleep?
4. In Delhi any excess exposure to Sun (UV rays)? One cause of weak immune system
5. In Ayurveda we hold ‘Cause and Effect Theory” i.e. In your case poor nutrition leading to weakened immune system and thus frequent infection and further weakening of already compromised immune system.
6. Principle is to have well balanced diet with more of proteins and more Calories with exercise, take more of cereals,legumes,daal egg,and eat fresh fruits regularly with sweet pulp like (banana, mango, chickoos, grapes)
7. To increase immunity:take banana, black grapes, orange, spinach, ginger, tomatoes, curd, take diet XXXXXXX in vitamin C (Citrus fruits) and vitamin E (sunflower seeds, almonds,apricots,peanuts) which are XXXXXXX in anti oxidants and thus helps in improvement of Thymus function (associated with Immunity.)
8. Eat mixture of amla powder ½ spoon with 4 spoons of honey.
9. Juice of white onion 6ml with morning for weight,{In Ayurveda we hold that people when doing everything right,takes SLEEP regularly and that too after food he becomes FAT, so have a good stress free sleep after meals to gain weight
10. Treatment is to be directed towards increasing your Digestive Power, only preventive aspect is discussed, please revert back if you have any of the above concerns for further line of management and treatment

Dr. Munish Sood
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic