Frequently get blotchy face with swelling and rash on neck, soreness under chin. Cause?

i infrequently get a blotchy face, similar to my alergy to pennecillin proved 40 years ago, with the rash swollen neck & sore under chin glands stiff neck and headach , XXXXXXX wells 60 yr male.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

I am sorry for the delayed reply.

The symptoms you have are typically seen in an allergic reaction. You are right in saying that the symptoms are similar to those seen in allergies to penicillin.

Assuming that you didn't have a dose of penicillin in recent days, I would like to find the exact cause for the reaction this time.

Kindly answer the following questions which helps to find out the cause for the same.

Are you on any medications? If yes, please do mention them.
Are you allergic to any food items?
Do you have cold or fever?
Do you have a prostheses placed during the joint replacement?
When was the shunt revised last?

Waiting for your response,