Frequent yawning with difficulty in breathing. Reason and treatment?

There is a case of excessive yawning & difficulty in breathing by my wife atleast once in 45 dyas for 2 to 3 days entire day. This is happing for last one year. Initially, we igonered it and then visited to Doctor twice in last three months. Doc advised some multivitamins and said it happens sometimes due to weakness. Need your guidance plz...
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get the oxygen saturation in blood checked

Detailed Answer:

Yawning is an act where in person tries to taking in large amount of air to XXXXXXX the deficient oxygen levels in the blood. The low oxygen saturation which is due to shallow breathing and is normal.

If there is considerable increase in the frequency of yawning, then I would recommend once to get the Oxygen saturation in the blood tested. If less, investigations have to performed to identify the cause and plan treatment.

Hope, I answered your query.